Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pre-paper 3 exercise

1. My principal claim is the relation of sports and politics, and how sports are no longer a game but instead more so become more about economic principles. I am evaluating various athletes and athletic careers. The criteria I am using involves the down falls of athletes and media. I would like the audience to have an understanding and see how sports has changed and that sports are more about the athletic industrial complex and money.

2.
I’m thinking possibly a newspaper or magazine not sure which ones.

3.
I feel that the audience would be a sports fan or have some kind of knowledge and or background in sports. Also know some of the history of the sports and the whole economics piece behind it.

4.
I am hoping to demonstrate some existing knowledge on the subject, savvy, credible…

5.
Some of my evidence deals with psychologists and their evaluations of the male athlete in terms of narcissism. Also what’s depicted in the media and the coverage of athletes.

6.
In my paper I will use scholarly articles as evidence. This sort of evidence would likely convince my audience because that what’s being quoted and or talked about throughout the paper is reliable because of the courses that its coming from and being provided by

7.
I have not decided fully but I think I will start off with the medias depictions, and how it helps perpetuate the behavior of athletes, then go into egotism and narcissism, followed by the effects of these things on actual athletes, and the whole economic thing.

8.
Yes I figured a lot of people will be against the views expressed in the paper and I am okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment