Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pop Culture Wasteland--An Open Letter to Nastia Leukin

I chose this post because I like the format of Open Letters. I think they are funny. And thought provoking (you can see a whole lot more over here at McSweeney's.

This is my friend's blog. He doesn't write in it any more because teaches English in Prague now, but I loved it when he did. He had a way of making the dumbest celebrity things seem very important and culturally relevant.

I'm thinking about writing my paper as one of these open letter type things, but I'm not sure if I can make that work yet.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this blog and think that this guy would be a funny friend to have around. As a former gymnast I appreciate his knowledge and humor on the sport and the Shannon Miller reference. If you could make it work this open letter format would be a cool thing to incorporate into your paper because it addresses the subject bluntly from a collective and refreshing outsider perspective.

    ReplyDelete