Tuesday, November 16, 2010

James Wakefield Pre-paper exercise

1. Principal claim: Celebrities abuse the existence of charities
I’m evaluating the nature of donations and more specifically Wyclef Jean’s involvement in Haiti.
After reading the argument, I want the audience to understand that celebrity goodwill often has hidden agendas.

2. Esquire

3. My audience is educated and socially aware. They appreciate critical review of social issues and are open to interpretations. They are aware of the issue but by no means experts.

4. Savvy, socially aware,

5. Wyclef Jean is under investigation for financial misconduct in the US but claims to be able to control $10billion in financial as Haitian president.

6. Complete one of the following statements:

In my paper I will use numbers as evidence. This sort of evidence would likely convince my audience because it paints a very clear picture about the levels of celebrity donations.


7. I will break down the nature and levels of celebrity philanthropy. Point out the flaws and then tell the story of Wyclef Jean in regards to these flaws.


8. I haven’t got that far yet. But I will…

No comments:

Post a Comment